PSR offers a program for seed corn companies that provides quick response to inquiries related to corn disease problems in the seed fields, breeder nurseries and disease developement in the U.S.A. Membership applications due by April 1st. Membership includes:
• Unlimited disease diagnosis of submitted samples.
• Reply by fax or phone in timely manner.
• Advice on protection of seed production fields from the disease.
• Corn Notes and other written disease concerns during the season.
• Disease forecast during the season.
Disease Resistance Evaluation
PSR will screen corn inbreds and hybrids for resistance to common diseases. The testing is conducted in a field in Northern Illinois where all plots are inoculated with virulent cultures of 8 pathogens. Plots are evaluated during the summer and results are returned in the fall. Data on specific entries will be shared only with the representative sending the sample. Plants currently tested for the following diseases:
• Grey Leaf Spot
• Stewarts's Disease
• Goss Wilt
• Northern Leaf Blight (race 1)
• Northern Leaf Blight (race 2)
• Northern Leaf Spot (race 3 and 4)
• Southern Leaf Blight (race 0)